Friday, May 15, 2009

Cross Country national Park Tour (re-post from CW)

I am starting out at Rio Blanco Ranch on June 1 +/- 2 days. So my girl friend and I, or rather me really decided that it was necessary to take a little bit of time to reach our destination. In an attempt to please me, distract me or simply just not have to do it herself she leaves me with the sole responsibility of planning the trip. Really? Does she have any idea what she is getting herself into? Quickly I pull out my National Park Passport book. There are a lot of stamps I need between here and there!

At this point I have a general mapping of some places I would like to go of which I figure I will have to figure out the path as we add or subtract locations. I am supremely excited as I have never undertaken such a loose trip before, which being the organized person I am; may drive me particularly crazy at first but for certain it will drive my girl up the wall. Which excites me more. However, I could use some help/suggestions about some possible stops. Especially when it comes to food! I am a huge proponent of local diners and dives, if they look like they haven't been throughly cleaned in a decade and I am getting my food served to me by some one toothed waitress names Flo, just call me Peter because I am in heaven. Once again the g/f not so much. I feel this becoming a torture trip for her not taking part in the planning process.

So below is a list of my scheduled stops and the states if you have anything to add feel free!

South Dakota:
Minuteman Missile Silo
Badlands NP
Mount Rushmore
Wind Cave

Wyoming:
Devils Tower
Signal Mtn Lodge- Have to see my boy Garland!

Utah:
Arches/ Canyonland NP
Moab

Colorado:
Mesa Verde NP
Westcliffe- To see my Uncle

Then off to Meeker!

No comments: